I just noticed I was tagged by brn_gamble
to answer a little meme. On Thanksgiving I did a list of ten things I'm thankful for, so I'll try not to repeat any of those.List five of 'Life's Simple Pleasures' YOU like most.
Then select five people from your flist to do the same.
1. Driving. The feel of controlling the car, the auto-pilot syndrome described so well by Ian Fleming in his James Bond novels, the feel of the warm sun through the windshield that defies any particular season, the sights of the beauty of the state I live in, high mountains, forests, farmland or, best of all, the coast or the Columbia Gorge . . .
2. Fantasizing. Winning that huge lottery and having Jay Leno invite me on his show at the same time Colin Farrell is appearing. Oh, and the Backstreet Boys just happen to be singing their latest song on that same show. And then going in and quitting my job and starting my own foundation and telling the people that deserve it to just fuck off . . .
3. Watching TV and movies. Feeding my imagination with sights and sounds, voices and music and memories that have helped make me who I am. To all those folks who look down their wrinkled-up noses and say, "I never watch TV," I say, "your loss."
4. Singing. (This is a variation on my thankful post, where I think I listed 'music.') We were raised to sing, we grew up doing it, we loved doing it at church at school and at home. In fact, we lived in a home where vocalizing was the only real harmony we knew. We sang at both our parents' funerals because it was a gift they gave us that we had to give back. I need to sing more often, but I often combine this simple pleasure with #1
and sing when I'm driving.
5. Eating. Damn. Enough said.
I'll tag the following five folks:koisunsetfar_mountainforublue2cboro69fatjoey
(because I know he'll come up with something irreverent)
(because I know he'll come up with something profound)